This week's choice


We are currently taking an indefinite break, but feel free to take a moment to look through our past themes and pieces of art. There will be occasional updates about our artistic endeavors or events posted here.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Reimagining a Classic in a Medium that You're Uncomfortable With- by Philip A. Buck

This is my reimagining of a panel from this Classic Peanuts strip by the legendary Charles Schulz. Here you can see the original panel. (click any image to enlarge.)
I took a cue from the awesome Jared Andrew Schorr, and worked with cut paper which is not my strongest media. Here is the resulting image from my initial attempt to scan the peice and correct it in photoshop. Still seems too harsh.
Well, I hope you friends dig it! Great theme! Great fun (give it your own go!)
-Philip

Update: I had figured this peice could be used to "kill two birds with one stone" and also submitted it to the REPANELED blog.  Surprise! It was accepted and is now featured on the site here!

No comments:

Post a Comment