This week's choice


We are currently taking an indefinite break, but feel free to take a moment to look through our past themes and pieces of art. There will be occasional updates about our artistic endeavors or events posted here.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This Week Chosen By Jessica:

This week's Topic By Jessica:

"Actually, I was thinking about the topic "analytics and art". I recently got a job as the Marketing Coordinator at the nashville Technology Council, which I LOVE. But much of my day is spent flipping back and forth between creative thinking and analytical thinking.
I know many artists who have to do the same. But most people think that if you are a designer or artist you must be all creative all the time... someone with their head in the clouds. But that is not at all the case these days. We are all required to think with both sides of our brain and do things that a lot of people can't! Go into some HTML code and fix things up? Sure! Come up with a new poster to promote an event! Yes! Put together a Power Point presentation? Alright! Oh, and write some copy for this newsletter, which will be printed and sent out as an e-newsletter.
I do it all, and I love the challenge. But it's just that. A CHALLENGE. How does everyone else do it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment